If you’ve ever wanted to look like Ricky Martin or Gloria Estefan on the dance floor without the hassle of all that tight leather and hairspray, then you’re in luck. The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago is hosting a social mixer in two weeks that features free dance lessons and much more.
You could wear hairspray, but remember, do not apply near an open flame. We’re very safety conscious! Leather is optional.
OK, so we may not help you look like Ricky or Gloria, or maybe even dance that good, but you’ll certainly leave with more rhythm than you came in with. Linda’s Dance Studio is leading this cocktail mixer/dance workshop at Lalo’s on March 19th as part of the Chicago Chapter’s Flirting for Disaster social calendar.
Since the theme of this event is all things Latin, including free tequila mixed drinks and shots, hot salsa music, and hotter appetizers, we figured we would spice things up even more and add dance lessons to the mix.
I’ll tell you one thing, if I wasn’t Latin myself, I’d appreciate this combination of liquor and dance lessons. They probably don’t encourage that at dance studios, but it works for us. So bring your partner, or meet one there, and dance the night away with fellow Latin dance novices and great drinks and appetizers.
After a few tries at this whole Latin dancing thing, you may be in the mood for a massage. And guess what…we’re providing complimentary massages. OMG! Talk about a great way to end a night of drinking and dancing!!!
Tickets are $20 in advance (click here) or $25 at the door.
· Complimentary appetizers by Lalo’s
· Complimentary drinks by Don Julio from 6-7:30pm
· Demonstrations of “The Perfect Jose Cuervo Margarita”
· Dance tunes spun by DJ Eclipse
· Free massages by Body Balance Therapy
· Raffle, including gifts from Flirty Girl Fitness, Stella & Dot, Jeffery Lamorte Salon, Rumba and MUCH MORE!
· Special performance by Linda’s Dance Studio
· Art display by Mirella S. Campos and jewelry display by Gloria’s Illusiones
· Drink specials by Lalo’s all night long!
Coqueteo con Próposito
Thurs, March 19, 2009Lalo’s
1960 N. Clybourn Ave., Chicago6 – 9 p.m.
So long for now, and join us again next Friday for our next edition of HAPPY FRIDAY and we’ll see you at Flirting for Disaster!