You can still run the Chicago Marathon and
help the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago
Are you bummed because you wanted to run the Chicago Marathon but missed the cut off date to register? Well worry no more, because you still have the chance to run, and help a great cause at the same time! The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago is still accepting runners to join its marathon team, Run Red.
The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago first teamed up with the Chicago Marathon in 2001 and since then the Run Red team has raised more than $200,000 for the Greater Chicago Red Cross and its members have logged nearly 200,000 miles in their training. Run Red has developed into one of the most accomplished charitable running teams in Chicago thanks its generous members and their dedication to the Red Cross and its life saving programs.
Membership begins with a $1,250 pledge and for your generosity you’ll receive expert training, team gear and other benefits to go along with that warm, fuzzy feeling you’ll get by knowing that the money you raise will make a real difference in the community, helping people prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters.
As a member of Run Red you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Official CARA membership and marathon training program ($223 Value)
- 1 year subscription to Runner’s World magazine ($20 Value)
- $3 entry to CARA’s Nike Ready To Run 20 Miler and post-race party with Chicago based rock band Underwater People
- Nike Dry Fit technical shirt
- Access to Red Cross booth in Charity Village on Marathon Day
- Private gear check and pre-race snacks
- Personalized runner webpage and fundraising tips
- Official Run Red Team singlet
- Complimentary ticket to the Run Red team breakfast during marathon weekend Complimentary First Aid Kit ($15 Value)
- Complimentary First Aid/CPR training ($70 Value)
- Membership in the Red Cross Auxiliary Society
- Recognition in the Red Cross annual report
To join Run Red and begin pledging, contact Carli Franks at (312)729-6130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s only limited number of team spots still available so quit procrastinating and join today!
For more information about Team Red Run and other programs offered by the Greater Chicago Red Cross visit chicagoredcross.com